Acceptance of the District IV Code of Conduct is assumed when a player registration has been received.
The parents' role is to support the players and coaches. Parents should not engage in "coaching" from the sidelines, criticizing players, coaches or game officials or trying to influence the makeup of the team at any time.
Every parent and spectator is expected to:
- Learn and respect the rules of soccer and the rules of the CYSA-North, US Club & NCal Premier.
- Show respect and courtesy to game officials, coaches, and players at all times.
- Respect the game officials and refrain from questioning their decisions or addressing them in a loud, disrespectful, or abusive manner.
- Cheer for your child's team in a positive manner, refraining at all times from making negative or abusive remarks about the opposing team. Maintain control of your emotions and avoid actions, language, and/or gestures that may be interpreted as hostile and humiliating.
- Ensure that your child is at all games and practices at the required time or provide the coach with an appropriate excuse beforehand.
- Demonstrate appropriate gestures of sportsmanship at the conclusion of a game, win or lose.
- Teach and practice good sportsmanship and fair play by personally demonstrating commitment to these virtues.
- Promote the concept that soccer is merely a game, and that players and coaches on other teams are opponents, not enemies.
- Regardless for their reason in attending any CYSA-North, US Club & NCal sanctioned match, this code of conduct is enforce and must be abided.